NaPoWriMo 2020


National Poetry Writing Month (#NaPoWriMo) is a creative writing project held annually in April in which participants write a poem each day for one month.

For the first time ever, I tried committing to this challenge in 2020 because I needed something to keep me busy amidst the lockdown that has been driving me crazy for the past few months. I feared that someday I might just give up and let go, just like the many resolutions I made at the start of this new decade. There were days when the prompts drove me crazy, and I was so close to giving up. But motivation and encouragement from friends and family kept me going, and...


Voila! I wrote 30 poems in April 2020 to successfully complete the NaPoWriMo challenge. Here's a list of NaPoWriMo prompts by Terribly Tiny Tales (@ttt_official). Each prompt links to the poem that I wrote for that particular prompt. Hope you like it!


Please drop a comment below to let me know what you think about it! 🙂

  1. Confession
  2. Pancake
  3. Use your favorite line from a song in a poem
  4. Everyday Little Things
  5. Write a love poem to someone you hate
  6. Build your poem around a word in your native language
  7. Write a poem that makes us laugh
  8. A poem to the stranger in the shared cab
  9. Chai
  10. Write a poem to the city you love
  11. Write a poem with story in reverse
  12. Write a poem that begins and ends with the same line
  13. A text that changed everything
  14. Souvenirs
  15. Two cups of coffee
  16. When I look at you...
  17. Flowers & chocolates
  18. that's what I learnt from my parents...
  19. You for You. Me for Me.
  20. Netflix and chill
  21. wish I could undo...
  22. whiskey
  23. had I met you in the 70s...
  24. "talk like a woman!"
  25. the day we come out of lockdown...
  26. Long-drives and radio
  27. landline
  28. I am an introvert...
  29. A poem to the character from a book you love!
  30. If we were in a movie...

I had so much fun working on these poems, and can't wait to continue the trend next year!





Copyright © 2020

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ENGINEERING : A lost treasure yet to be recovered

WOMAN

The man who has no inner life is a slave to his surroundings